Monday, September 28, 2009

Board #434: Dinner Beneath the Trees

Before I forget... make sure that you stop by later today for a big announcement. I've teamed up with the talented guys at A Bryan Photo to bring you an amazing giveaway that you won't want to miss!

Okay, now on to the inspiration board... It's easy for orange to get out of control, which is part of why I like this inspiration board so much - there's enough orange to feel like fall, but nothing overwhelming. For today's wedding board I imagined an intimate outdoor dinner, with sweet and simple details - ribbons in the trees, mismatched chairs, a woodland-inspired dessert buffet, and a tweed suit for the groom, of course!

Mood: intimate, rustic
Palette: autumn green, bittersweet orange, tweed brown

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: fall table setting under the trees by Matthew Mead Style, rustic orange ranunculus bouquet from Brides, fall wedding ceremony under the trees via Oh Happy Day
Row 2: short vintage-inspired wedding dress by Stephanie James Couture, Bari Zaki envelope with vintage stamps
Row 3: faux bois cake and woodland dessert buffet from Martha Stewart Weddings, centerpiece with roses and grape leaves from Napa Valley Celebrations, flower girls with bittersweet wreaths from Martha Stewart Weddings
Row 4: tweed suit via The Sartorialist, rustic piano photo by Leigh Miller, fruit crate floral arrangements from Custom Event Group

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger {The Perfect Palette} said...

love the idea of dinner beneath the trees

September 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Style Unveiled said...

{GORGEOUS}
~xoxo

September 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger The D-Tales said...

Beautiful use of color!

September 28, 2009 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Ingrid Nelson said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the colors here.

September 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Amy@OldSweetSong said...

Just lovely, Kathryn!

September 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous julianne smith said...

i want to be invited to some of these parties! so amazing, as always!

September 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this is fantastic! I adore the colors -- feels like fall :-)

September 28, 2009 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post makes me crave some warm apple cider and curl up outside by a fire! Love it.

September 28, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Lollipop Events & Designs said...

Love the colors.... so ready for Fall!!

September 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Emily @ Peach & Pearl said...

Oooo I really like this one, especially the top left photo. Nice!

September 28, 2009 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

oh kathryn, this is STUNNING! i loooove orange.

September 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous The Wedding Contessa said...

This is a beautiful blend of fall colors and textures! Love the warmth of the photos and how it all blends so well together! Wedding bouquet is yummy, the cake is elegant, the outdoors very inviting!
Great ideas!

September 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Karen Hill Photography said...

I love this color palette!

September 29, 2009 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger carissa said...

so pretty! if only it would cool off in cali so i can get into the fall spirit :) can't wait! it really is the best season!!! ps. LOVE the silver scooper filled with crabapples! adorable!

September 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM  
Anonymous aliststager said...

sign me up for this beautiful event...except I'm already married!

October 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home