Saturday, April 5, 2008

Real Wedding Saturday: Jennifer & John

I was so excited when Heidi from Gertrude & Mabel Photography sent me these photos, because I had already seen a few of them on their website, and I was so curious! Jennifer did the planning herself, from a distance (she and John live in New York; the wedding was in California), in a environmentally sustainable way - an impressive feat. And as these photos show, doing it yourself and going green don't have to mean sacrificing style!


Some of Jennifer's best girlfriends made this advent calender for her to open the week before the wedding. Jennifer says, "It was beautiful and very well done, a collage of clippings from bridal magazines and a book about love glued onto two pieces of stock board with windows cut out."


Invitations were designed by Good On Paper Design and printed by Soho Letterpress.




The weekend's events were planned within walking or biking distance which allowed the couple to ask their guests to avoid using cars.




Ceremony held at Portuguese Point in Mendocino, California.





















Dress by Selia Yang.


Dinner reception at Jennifer Taylor Property.


One of my favorite things about this wedding is the fabulously fun and well-dressed guests - it would be impossible to have a bad time with these people!


Catering by Cafe Beaujolais.




Jennifer purchased flowers in bulk from Village Florist, 707-927-0907, and did the arrangements herself.




The groom's family lives in Bermuda, and they printed this on the dinner menu: There is a Bermudian wedding tradition of a cedar tree atop the grooms cake. The tree is planted immediately after the wedding as a sign of their future together. In lieu of a Cedar tree, we have planted a tree in the name of each of our guests through the American Forests. We hope to not only honor the Bermudian tradition but also gently offset some of the environmental tax of your trip to Mendocino.






Dancing reception at Crown Hall.


Music performed by Lavay Smith and Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers.





Congratulations Jennifer and John - thank you so much for sharing your day with us! And thank you to the talented ladies at Gertrude & Mabel for sending over these photos!

{to submit a real wedding, email me at kathryn@snippetandink.com}

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

Great one!

April 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger ZenadiaDesign said...

What an awsome wedding. Love the guest book and the fact that they could all walk or bike to each location!

April 5, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love that guest book...
& no cars?
How lovely, an absolute dream wedding.

PS thanks for the comment!

April 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger David & Becky said...

Are there any more pictures of the guest book? it looked interesting but I couldn't really see what it looked like, I'm still searching for ideas....

April 5, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger east side bride said...

I love this. Sigh.

April 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful wedding and I especially love the guest book, can you tell us more about it?

April 5, 2008 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

What a beautiful wedding. They obviously put a lot of thought into it and it showed!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've been a reader of yours for a while now...love your inspiration boards :)

April 5, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger cara said...

Gorgeous, I love love love the bicycles!

April 6, 2008 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger monologue said...

Any chance on getting information for how the guest book is made? It's so clever. :)

Martha B.

April 6, 2008 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I LOVE the guest book!! I might do something like that. And just in general, your blog is so great, I enjoy it every single day :)

April 6, 2008 at 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it. Love the bicycles and the informal parade to the reception site. There is something so French country village about the wedding party and guests walking to another location together.

April 7, 2008 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger jenniferdesmondmw said...

Hi Guys: Jennifer here, the bride. Thank you for all your lovely comments, it truly was the greatest day. Unfortunately the guest book in question was not a guest book at all, rather it was an advent calendar that some of my best girlfriends made for me to open the week before the wedding. It was beautiful and very well done, a collage of clippings from bridal magazines and a book about love glued onto two pieces of stock board with windows cut out.

Thanks again.
Jen

April 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow, this makes me want to plan my wedding all over again and have it just like this!

April 8, 2008 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Clementine Rye said...

I was an honored guest at this wedding. I live in N. CA and have seen all sorts of professionally planned events--these photos are evidence that weddings designed by the bride and groom themselves turn out to be the most moving, magical and love-magnifying. Spend more ingenuity than money.

April 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger dovebvi said...

Jennifer/ juneflames:

First off, I have to tell you how beautiful your wedding was.
I check this blog often, and smiled when I saw that you wore Selia Yang... I bought a Selia Yang dress for my wedding which is coming up in August (in Sonoma).
Then I saw that you had Lavay Smith perform. We love her!
We are thinking of using her for wedding... is there any way that I could contact you to ask some questions about her performance? We would really, really appreciate that!
Thanks!

April 14, 2008 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger jenniferdesmondmw said...

Hi Dovebvi, you can email me at: winegal@gmail.com

April 14, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home