Saturday, June 28, 2008

Real Wedding Saturday: Alison & Eric

With the help of the talented Heather Balliet at Amorology and Robin from Twigg Botanicals - along with some creative friends - Alison and Eric threw an absolutely delightful wedding. Sara France captured the day and all of the details perfectly, while 300 guests danced the night away at San Diego's Inn at Rancho Santa Fe at this March wedding. Let's get on to the photos!




The vintage Bentley that transported the bride and groom was rented from Simple Elegant Limo.




Alison's necklace was purchased from Nordstrom from a limited collection.


Alison's vintage-inspired dress was custom-made by her cousin.




Alison's shoes are by Linea Paolo from Nordstrom.




The flowers were done by Robin of Twigg Botanicals (Amorology's sister company).








Everyone called the bridesmaids bird-maids all night - the love bird theme really ran throughout the entire wedding! Their dresses were purchased from Stop Staring! and customized with gold buttons from As Cute As a Button.




Alison enlisted her friend, Chris Crosby, a freelance designer, to design the invitations.


The escort cards were also packets of birdseed, with a little note that said, Save these to toss at the Love Birds as they fly away.


A little nest filled with chocolate eggs was placed at each seat.








The gold birdcage centerpieces held purple floral balls and were surrounded with flowers in deep purple, pink, mustard. Twigs and manzanita branches hung over the birdcages and held nests with little birds, as well as the table numbers.






Fabric bird cake toppers by Pincushion Princess.


The real vintage photobooth was rented from Photoworks Interactive.


The entire bridal party, about 30 people, did a choreographed dance!




Music was performed by New Standard Jazz.






Alison's parents convinced a local farmer to loan his live lovebirds for the wedding! They greeted the guests when they arrived at the reception and picked up their escort cards.


Congratulations Alison and Eric! Thank you so much to both of you, to Heather of Amorology and to Sara France for sharing this incredible wedding! I also wanted to add this adorable detail that Alison shared with me: in keeping with the theme of the wedding, Eric built a giant nest from branches in their backyard for them to sit in for their engagement photos!

{to submit a real wedding, email me at kathryn@snippetandink.com}

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i love it

June 28, 2008 at 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am about to explode with excitement from those details. amazing.

June 28, 2008 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

gorgeous! i love the bride's bouquet!

June 28, 2008 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

this is so beautiful! lots to absorb. and i love the eggplant/yellow combo!

June 28, 2008 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I love that this wedding was featured even though it was LDS and there are no photos from the ceremony. Such amazing attention to detail!

June 28, 2008 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger twotowns said...

Really in love with all their details! And also her necklace - does anyone know where I might find something similar?

June 28, 2008 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Bree said...

Ah! I must know about those amazing gold shoes of hers!

June 28, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dream of a wedding!

June 29, 2008 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

So personalized & unique...the details were fabulous!

June 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger natalie said...

I also love that necklace! I would love to know where she got it from!

June 29, 2008 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

It was so hard for me to decide which I loved most about this wedding from the bridesmaids' dresses to the flowers to the invites! Then, I saw it - the choreographed dance with the entire bridal party. LOVE IT!!!

June 30, 2008 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Breanne King said...

Alison...you don't need to get over it yet. Eddie and I have been married for 2 years now and I still am obsessed with our wedding. I showed our wedding video just last night at this little presentation thing I did...And I was thrilled cuz I got a good amount of sniffles for it!
PS AMAZING wedding. I love it!

June 30, 2008 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger courtni said...

I WAS THERE SUCKERS!!! It was a night of magic and amor. And...my sister was one of THE birdsmaids!!! xo

June 30, 2008 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger G said...

this is so amazing! i like the slight temple picture of the couple not too molly mormon/peter priesthood.i liked the detaisla nd color choices.

July 1, 2008 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I'm doing a lovebirds themed wedding as well! And I was so happy when I googled for ideas and stumbled upon this blog! Ahhhh! So amazing! I was wondering where that birdcage centerpiece came from? Ive been searching 'birdcage' on google but it seems to lead me no where. haha! Thanks!

June 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home