Monday, November 3, 2008

To my sweet readers...



I was so (pleasantly) surprised by all of your wonderful comments on my earlier post. Just to be clear, at no point have I considered ending Snippet & Ink, although after re-reading my post, I understand why you might have thought that - I'm actually totally mortified that my post made it sound that way, when what I really have been thinking is about how to make Snippet & Ink work for me in a way where I won't burn out, and in a way that continues to be inspiring for you.

No matter what I meant, and how you read it, I LOVED hearing from all of you. It means so much to me, and you are all the reason that I keep blogging. Please don't feel pressured to leave comments, but know that they are always welcome and add some sparkle to my day. I will be sure to take into account your thoughts and input as I move forward with Snippet & Ink.

Thank you a million!

{calligraphy by Laura Hooper}

10 Comments:

Blogger mkel040 said...

OH phew, thank you. You are hands down my favourite wedding site - and I have my other (engaged, or non engaged) friends hooked too.
The inspiration boards are the only things shaping my colour and theme decisions.. you are quite simply amazing.
Thank you for all of your hard work.. and of course - it is too much, you can always slow down.. we will still love you if the posts are less frequent.

November 3, 2008 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

If you need a break for awhile, why not have a inspiration board contest? I always like seeing what "real" people come up with and this close to the holidays, you could do a Fall/Holiday/Winter themed contest. Then post the boards as they roll in and we'd have something to look at every day and you could relax for awhile. You could let readers vote or get some judges...I'd do it! ;) I'm a good judge!

No matter what you do, I love your blog and you've always been so helpful when I had questions. You're one of the reasons I started my own blog!

November 3, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Stewart said...

I agree with Kate! I wish I had found your blog when I was planning my wedding! Even though I've been married almost 7 months, I still come to your site every day, sometimes more than once a day, to see what you have posted. You answered my emails and provided me with encouragement to start my own blog and to follow my dreams to be a photographer!

November 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a long-time fan/lurker of your blog from the start. Your inspiration boards are truly amazing and helped me put together my own visual aid when I was planning my wedding last year. I love your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity! Keep on rockin'!

November 3, 2008 at 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! We defiantly don’t want you to burn out. Please re-group and re-organize and become re-inspired to lead us all in a new direction. Lol at all the uses of re-…

Your post this morning prompted me to create a login and post my first comment, so I am new to all of this. I became engaged in June, but just started planning :S it can be overwhelming. So I am taking it slow and easy.

November 3, 2008 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Kari Worges said...

'phew' is right! i need your help for my wedding!

November 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please don't stop doing what you are doing!!! The inspiration boards are the best! And no one out there does Real Wedddings like you do! Honestly. Thank you for what you've done. Maybe... you could do more guest posting, or some interviews, or... ??? :) The good news: You are an inspiration! Please don't stop! Thank you for all you do!

November 3, 2008 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger One Love Photo said...

I love your wedding boards and tell all my clients to come over and see for themselves. So I VOTE (since it is voting day) for the boards to continue, they are so inspiring!

November 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM  
Blogger Dolldine Designs said...

Thank goodness! Your blog is GREAT and one of my favorites. I just LOVE your inspiration boards... I gets me inspired to create my own. Keep up the great work!

November 4, 2008 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

So I know you are an experienced blogger and probably don't need to hear this from me, but when I begin to feel overwhelmed with posting/needing to post, I start scheduling posts for an advanced date. For example if I have three ideas for today, I post two and schedule one for tomorrow so that if I continue to have a lot going on tomorrow I can rest assured that a post is already in the que for my readers.

I am not sure if this helps, as you probably already do this. Another idea you could utilize is having others post/contribute about holiday ideas and inspiration boards.

November 4, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home