Saturday, January 17, 2009

Real Wedding Saturday: Donna & Kevin

This is such a lovely and intimate wedding, in such a beautiful setting, and I'm so happy to share it with you. Donna says, When we decided to get married we realized that there would be people who could not attend based on geography, finance and health, and we couldn't see ourselves having a large wedding, so we decided on an intimate wedding....just the two of us.




The wedding took place in July at the Charles Inn in Niagara-on-the-Lake with views of Lake Ontario.


Kevin wore a suit by Tristan. His shirt and tie came from Zara.


Donna wore a dress by Ailene from Studio 163. She had her makeup done in the neighboring town of Virgil at Bliss Aveda.


Flowers by Van Noort Florists. Shoes from Nine West.




Local guitarist, Rick Richardson, played and Rev. Derek Rymarchuk presided over the ceremony.




The only other guests were the photographers - who Donna works with - Mimmo & Naz. They also served as witnesses at the ceremony.








Donna and Kevin hired a London-style cab to chauffeur them around town for fun photos.


















Local baker, Anna Olson of Olson Foods & Bakery, made a cake for the couple to cut at their wedding day dinner.

And here, Donna tells us how she and Kevin shared the news with their families:

Both being creative types (Kevin is a graphic designer and I'm a photographer) we wanted to create a unique and memorable experience for not only ourselves but our loved ones as well. Although I believe our family and friends knew we would get married at some point we decided to keep the event secret, again just the two us planning it together. Once we received the photos and video (shot in 8mm) we planned a series of parties in order to reveal our "secret" to family and friends. Since we were using the video as our way of revealing our secret, the wait for the finished product was a bit agonizing. As much fun as we were having keeping the secret we couldn't wait to see how all of our friends and family would react.

We began by sitting everyone down in front of the TV and telling them that had a little "project" we'd like to share with them. As the video played confusion seemed to fill the room followed by uncontrollable bursts of laughter and tears as they realized they were watching our actual wedding. It was a total surprise to all of them and it was an amazing feeling for us to finally be able to share our news with everyone and experience and share in there reactions. Warm hugs and well wishes filled the room and each second was a moment to cherish.

Click here to see the Super 8 video that Donna and Kevin shared with their friends and families. And thank you to Donna and Kevin for sharing it with Snippet & Ink, too! And to Mimmo & Naz for sending over these beautiful photos!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

I actually teared up watching that video! Hands down - best real wedding I've seen on Snippet & Ink!

January 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Love this one! I went to Niagra on the Lake years ago. It's a beautiful spot. Love the elopement idea!

January 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

This wedding just blew me away.

I love how it seems to just transport you back in time. They put so much thought into this beautiful celebration; it's touching to watch.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Shana: I think I'd have to agree with you. Best 'real wedding' to date {and that's really saying something}.

January 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Erica Kelly said...

so simple and perfect - i have a feeling that over the top weddings are going to be very soon out of fashion.

January 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

What a lovely couple! Love that dress!!

January 17, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so sweet. Thank you for sharing! (: When we get married we'll most likely do an elopement since we and our friends and family would be facing the same obstacles.

It's also really nice to see an elopement featured alongside larger weddings. Sometimes I feel people think eloping cannot be done as well or be as lovely as larger weddings, and this post definitely proves them wrong!

January 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, it's fun to see a Canadian wedding. :)

January 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That gave me goose bumps. I am so glad that you posted this!

January 17, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger DIANE said...

That video is breath-taking. What an absolutely beautiful wedding. I am still a little misty-eyed!

January 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger but with your mind said...

this is so romantic.

January 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

This was amazing- if you don't mind, I might blog about it tonight or tomorrow (linking back to you of course). I've been flipping through your posts and I really enjoy them by the way :)

Amanda
http://onehappypanda.blogspot.com

January 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

What a delightful wedding. I think this one just really highlights that weddings are definitely not meant to be cookie cutter. Large or small, simple or lavish, they ultimately have to be about the two people whose past and future it represents.

January 18, 2009 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Beautifully done. NOTL is a wonderful spot. Congrats.

January 18, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

I'm so happy to see Mimmo and Naz's work on here! My husband and I also got married in NotL last August and thanks to our fabulous photographers from M&N's studio, we've got our memories captured beautifully too!

Congrats Donna & Kevin!

January 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVED that.. it was absolutely beautiful.

February 3, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home