Saturday, March 21, 2009

Real Wedding Saturday: Iris & Travis

Did you all see this save-the-date by Chewing the Cud, and wonder about what awesome wedding it belonged to? Well, I certainly did, so you can imagine how excited I was when the incredibly talented Anna Kuperberg posted photos from Iris and Travis' gorgeous wedding at Beaulieu Garden.


Iris and Travis first met at a bar called Butter, and this simple ingredient served as the inspiration for an elegantly rustic, farmstand chic wedding, starting with these tea towel save-the-dates by Viola from Chewing the Cud.


Iris and Travis chose letterpress invitations from Chewing the Cud's signature collection. Torryne Choate from Birch found a small heart-shaped potato at the farmer's market that made for a perfect embellishment on the red gingham ring pillow.






The bridesmaids wore yellow dresses from BCBG.






















Iris not only made jam for all of the guests to take home, she also designed the labels for them.


To achieve that earthy, farmstand chic vibe, Torryne poured mounds of soil directly onto the tables, along with flowers and a variety of root vegetables.






Paula LeDuc Fine Catering did all of the delicious food, including miniature ice cream cones and donut holes after dinner.

Congratulations Iris and Travis, and thank you so much to Anna Kuperberg for sharing these gorgeous photos, and to Viola and Torryne for sharing these fun details. You can see more beautiful photos from the day at Anna's blog.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Elena Rosenberg Wearable Fiber Art said...

Brilliant! Every single touch and detail you've highlighted - brilliant :)

March 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger {The Perfect Palette} said...

incredible wedding!

March 21, 2009 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Vane said...

wow, so gorgeous!

March 21, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh I really love the bouquet! The combination is just great and the lacy detail is brilliant. :)

March 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Becky ♥ said...

This just might have won the award for my favorite wedding on here so far! I love the theme, I LOVE all the little details, just everything is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

March 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger jasmine said...

What a beautiful day! I especially love the bouquets. I can't stop looking at them. They're so full of texture.

March 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger east side bride said...

The dirt really gets me. Fabulous.

March 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Nancy Liu Chin said...

I love everything about this wedding. Once again brilliant work Viola and Anna.

March 22, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love all the details for this wedding! I remember seeing it on Anna's site awhile ago, but you have a lot more photos here - great to see even more. Thanks for sharing.

March 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Katie Ring said...

Beautiful photography, and I loved knowing the dresses are from BCBG. I'm a bridesmaid in a June 2010 wedding and we've been looking for non-traditional dresses - thanks!

March 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger {The Perfect Palette} said...

love the little pops of red.

April 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing details. Looks like a dream day in wine country. SUCH personality. Love it!!!

April 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

This wedding is fantastic, and the photos are so beautiful!
I noticed there is no credit given to the wedding dress designer and am SO VERY curious who it is by (I'm a bride myself searching for the perfect dress and love this one!!) If anyone knows who it is by I would LOVE to know as well.
Thank You!
Katiedid85@gmail.com

May 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger rebecca & mark said...

Hi,

Any chance you know how I can find those beautiful yellow BCBG dresses? I'm pretty good at web-hunting but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

May 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home