Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog It Forward: Inspiration

Attending Alt Summit earlier this year was so much fun. I loved getting to meet so many wonderful bloggers, and to talk about all of the things that make blogging so wonderful and so challenging. So it was really exciting when a few of my very favorite bloggers decided to organize Blog It Forward as a way for bloggers to collaborate on something positive and fun! It's sort of a chain letter, with 300 bloggers participating by picking up where the last left off, sharing what inspires us, and then passing it on to the next person. And hopefully, it will introduce you to some wonderful blogs that are new to you! So here, taking it up from smidgebox, are just a few of the many things that inspire me...


{Kids} left: one love photo, right: via abby sharp


{Music} left: louis armstrong, right: via ffffound!


{Patterns} left: via dress design & decor, right: via belle maison


{Flowers} both: ariella chezar for martha stewart weddings


{Love} left: sarah yates, right: elizabeth messina


{Icons} left: grace kelly, right: jackie kennedy


{Color} left: via a gift wrapped life, right: via little green notebook


{Stories} left: cinderella, right: william wood

Other bloggers participating today are a simple life afloat, Chroma Lab, dwell deep, jamie of all trades, mackin ink, oh hey great, r's adventure, The Hipster Home, and welcome home. Tomorrow, Solstice Home will share what inspires her. If you want even more blog inspiration, you can see the entire list of participants over at sfgirlbybay. And if you found me through Blog It Forward and this is your first time to Snippet & Ink, welcome! I do hope you'll stay awhile and find some inspiration!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Starry Night Design Studio said...

"Blog it Forward" is a great idea.... and I love these photos. Very inspiring!

March 8, 2010 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Tonia said...

Following the mash-up - great post, one of the best so far!

March 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

love your aesthetic always!

March 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger robyn said...

love this idea! love, love, love your inspiration too!

March 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

What a cool idea! I love the pictures you chose! I especially love the photos of Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy are especially.

March 8, 2010 at 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Arcadia said...

the polaroid presentation of the photos was beautiful.

March 8, 2010 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Shauna Nep said...

I absolutely love the way you displayed the photos- with the polaroids. I would love if you did an entry on how to do that! :) Just lovely!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

March 8, 2010 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Dennice {Fringe} said...

I did indeed find you through Blog It Forward...Your blog is beautiful.

I love the way you use images and very little else to describe your inspirations. It's all that's needed here. The photos speak a thousand words each. Well done!

xo

March 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger lesley [smidgebox] said...

what a lovely post, gorgeous photos! i love the icons, especially, they are incredibly inspiring, aren't they? thanks for sharing your thoughts!

March 9, 2010 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger M and E said...

Gorgeous photos!

March 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger MrsFord said...

Snippet & Ink mood boards inspire my blog: www.becomingmrsford.blogspot.com

Thanks for being so awesomely creative!

March 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home