Real Wedding: Samantha & Josh
I'm back! Thanks so much for your patience with me this week as I took some time to get well. I'm definitely glad to have my energy back, since my two darling nephews are in town, and they're just too much fun! Anyway, I apologize for disappearing on you the past couple of days, and hope you'll enjoy this real wedding feature. Samantha is a Snippet & Ink reader (as well as a Chicago-area wedding coordinator) who was sweet enough to share her wedding story and photos with us...


Samantha wore a bridesmaid dress that she purchased in white.


From Samantha: "Advice to future brides: Do a first look! This was the best advice our coordinator and photographer gave us. It really gave us the time before the ceremony to let go of jitters and relax knowing we had plenty of time for some awesome pictures. We never felt rushed at all."

The groomswoman (groomsmaid?) wore the same dress as the bridesmaids, but in navy blue.




Samantha's aunt created centerpieces using river rocks and artificial pussy willow branches, purchased from Afloral.com.



Says Samantha, "My favorite moment from the wedding was most definitely taking a minute during dinner with my husband and absorbing our reception room together. We just both looked around at all of our truly amazing friends and family, and reflected on how happy and lucky we were to celebrate our marriage with so many people who have touched our lives, and always been there for us."
Photography: Catherine Leonard
Venue: Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, NY
Bride's dress / shoes: Priscilla of Boston / Nine West
Bouquets / boutonnieres: The Posie Peddler
Groom's suit: Jos A Bank
Bridesmaid dresses: Dessy Collection*
Cake: Cakes by Angelina
Stationery: by the bride's cousin
Congratulations Samantha and Josh - thank you so much for sharing your wedding with us!
*Snippet & Ink sponsor


Samantha wore a bridesmaid dress that she purchased in white.


From Samantha: "Advice to future brides: Do a first look! This was the best advice our coordinator and photographer gave us. It really gave us the time before the ceremony to let go of jitters and relax knowing we had plenty of time for some awesome pictures. We never felt rushed at all."

The groomswoman (groomsmaid?) wore the same dress as the bridesmaids, but in navy blue.




Samantha's aunt created centerpieces using river rocks and artificial pussy willow branches, purchased from Afloral.com.



Says Samantha, "My favorite moment from the wedding was most definitely taking a minute during dinner with my husband and absorbing our reception room together. We just both looked around at all of our truly amazing friends and family, and reflected on how happy and lucky we were to celebrate our marriage with so many people who have touched our lives, and always been there for us."
Photography: Catherine Leonard
Venue: Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, NY
Bride's dress / shoes: Priscilla of Boston / Nine West
Bouquets / boutonnieres: The Posie Peddler
Groom's suit: Jos A Bank
Bridesmaid dresses: Dessy Collection*
Cake: Cakes by Angelina
Stationery: by the bride's cousin
Congratulations Samantha and Josh - thank you so much for sharing your wedding with us!
*Snippet & Ink sponsor
Labels: Real Weddings

16 Comments:
So lovely! That handwritten note brought tears to my eyes!
Beautiful wedding! Please could you explain what a "first look" is? Thanks. Xx
Very sweet and beautiful wedding! Will you be posting more photos? Nothing more touching ... thanks for posting!
A first look is when the bride and groom see each other (and the photographer snaps pics) before their wedding ceremony. My groom and I will likely opt for this at our wedding, because our ceremony is from 7-8 p.m. There won't be much daylight left for pictures after the ceremony; so, we'll likely do a "first look" series with our photographer pre-ceremony. Hope this helps, Bumblebee.
I really appreciate the note about the bride wearing a bridesmaid's dress. I, too, am wearing an ivory "bridesmaid" dress. I fell in love with it. It felt bridal to me. Then, I looked at the price tag. It was only $200; score!
So sweet! I adore the shoes and the dark floral bouquet. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
Such a cute love note. And I'm into that cake!
Her shoes are fabulous
This is so sweet! And I love how she wore her glasses.
my fiance and I live in Chicago, and are also getting married in NY (on Long Island though). weird! :)
This was so fun to see! Thank you, Kathryn, for posting :)
She is adorable and very reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn! Loved their cute cake. The picture of her tearing up made me want to cry too :)
http://rubypr.com/blog
Nice Shoes!
Phillip Brunelle Wedding Photography
aw, so sweet when she starts crying! love this. xo
Hi aaina! :)
My bouquet had dark purple pom dahlias and white ranunculuses.
Groomswoman, I think. I love the idea having attendants on the side of the person that matters to them instead of separating them by sex. Horray for progress!
Great wedding!
What a beautiful wedding. The photo where the bride looks a bit teary is just so beautiful.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home