Thursday, June 5, 2008

Board #221: Northern California Beach Wedding

You may have picked up on this already, but when it comes to beach wedding boards, I tend to lean toward a natural look and neutral colors. This may have something to do with growing up in Northern California, where colors on the coast are muted and the weather is moody. To me, that type of beach is beautiful and familiar, low key and laid back. And so that's the wedding board I've tried to create here.

Mood: nature-inspired, low key
Palette: neutrals

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: photo by Gertrude & Mabel, bouquet from Martha Stewart Weddings, seating cards from Kathleen Deery, photo by Jude Mooney (thanks to Meg!)
Row 2: stationery by Linda & Harriett, bread photo by Thayer Allyson Gowdy via Style Me Pretty, torches from Brides, blankets via Black Eiffel
Row 3: recycled vases via Ritzy Bee, photo from Brides, cake photo and favor box photo both by Union Photography
Row 4: rustic table and menus from Lyndsey Hamilton, photo by Mel Barlow via The Bride's Cafe, twine-wrapped mason jar, bouquet by Artfool

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Maria @ {ritzy bee} said...

LOVE this...this might rank in my top 3 favorites ever :)

June 5, 2008 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger emily said...

this is lovely!

June 5, 2008 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger HLM said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I grew up in Northern California and love the muted colors of the coast. Just seeing this board made me homesick.

June 5, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Agreed. It's a really great board :)
Now I'm wondering if you could do a wedding like this but in brighter boheman jewel tones. Hum....

June 5, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Wedding Inspirations said...

This board is amazing. I agree, it's in my top 3 all-time favorites! I love it.

June 5, 2008 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I also grew up in Northern California and spent most weekends and holidays at house on the beach. This board gives me a lump in my throat! My husband and I were recently married on Tomales Bay - to our minds, the NoCal coast is the most beautiful place in the world...

June 5, 2008 at 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are very appealing, they give a soothing, comforting feeling. All of your boards are lovely.

June 5, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Newlywed Next Door said...

I like this a lot -- it's a bit too muted for my tastes, but it is very NorCal. You have to do Southern California next!

June 5, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger loren weltsch said...

i love this board. you are so right about northern california beaches being muted - unless it is one of those rare days of blissful sunshine and zero fog. thanks for sharing all of your inspiration. your blog is fantastic!

June 5, 2008 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow, I just love how complex this board is--what depth....

Thinking of beaches, I wonder what a board would look like if you did a Midwest Lake wedding, maybe Mackinaw Island. This NoCal wedding made me think of all the interesting, neat, old national park hotels, too.

Whenever I visit, I always leave with more ideas, Kathryn! How do you do that? :)

June 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Katelin said...

Such a beautiful board! NorCal bride here - and you totally nailed it!

June 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love this whole board!!!!! great inspiration. gorgeous images.

June 5, 2008 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Nina B. said...

It's even perfect for the Cali's central coast. Another homesick girl.

June 5, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger the formidible mrs dean said...

i look forward to reading your board every day. now i have to update my mood pages i'm prepping for my own wedding in october.

June 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Liz Libré said...

Thanks for using our stationery in your post! I love your blog!!

June 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home