Thursday, October 9, 2008

Board #296: Paint a Rainbow

I know that so many of you are probably tired of brown as an accent color, but what about when it's accenting an array of bright, fun colors? Often, a multi-colored palette can seem garish, or silly, or any number of unflattering things, but there are ways to make it work. I hope that this inspiration board proves that!

Mood: playful, bright
Palette: espresso, aqua, lemon, orange, fuchsia

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: jumping attendants photo by Christine Farah, ceremony decor from Todd Events, hydrangea bouquet from Martha Stewart Weddings
Row 2: pom pom drink stirrers from Martha Stewart, bouquet from Ink & Peat, dress photo by Jude Mooney, lollipop seating cards from Martha Stewart Weddings
Row 3: lemon centerpiece from Martha Stewart Weddings, boutonniere photo by Jennifer Dery, yellow shoes photo by Jonathan Canlas, orchid chair by Beautiful Blooms via The Bride's Cafe
Row 4: ribboned book from Pauseability's flickr, bouquet photo by Anna Kuperberg, truffle cake by April Reed, invitation by Linda & Harriett

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Playful and very pretty! It somehow reminds me of my childhood... I'm especially loving that truffle cake!

October 9, 2008 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

I love this board! That bouquet in the center just makes my day.... how fun!

October 9, 2008 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love this board! I still love brown :)

October 9, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

This makes me happy. This is what I did at my own wedding. I couldn't make up my mind on two or three colors so I cose several. I had so many comments about it, and I just love how bright and happy the look was. My wedding wasn't anything compared to some of the creative masters you display, but I love it, and all the details that some people never noticed.

October 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Grace Community Garden said...

Very playful and fun! Love it!

October 9, 2008 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one of my favorite board's you've done. how can you not just smile when you see such bright, fun colors?!?

October 9, 2008 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Bri {collected} said...

As a faithful Snippet and Ink reader, I'm happy to see my feet on a board! I've seen the multi-color wedding done horribly...but this would be quite lovely!

October 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

I was catching up on blog reading and was so excited to see this board. This is the color palette we are going with for our wedding - minus the espresso. Although seeing this wonderful board makes me think about it...

October 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Maria @ {ritzy bee} said...

Ohhh I love this!!

October 15, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home