Thursday, January 29, 2009

Board #341: Mustard and Blue

I've had this photo of the yellow dress in my mind ever since I first saw it on The City Sage - are you as in love with yellow as I am? It certainly brightens dreary winter days...

Mood: sweetly sophisticated
Palette: mustard yellow, powdery blue, cream

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: dress via The City Sage, The Treasured Petal bouquet photo by One Love Photo, suit and dress from J.Crew, blue and yellow from Plum Events
Row 2: yellow shoes photo by Jose Villa, San Francisco City Hall photo by Michelle Walker
Row 3: bird print by Kareem Rizk via sfgirlbybay, lemonade photo by Myrtle & Marjoram, tulip bowl by Grandiflora, cake photo by Punam Bean
Row 4: arrangement from Martha Stewart, clutch from J.Crew, photo by Jonathan Canlas, invitation by Wiley Valentine

Labels: , , ,

36 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

What a wonderful combination! The mustard makes it so chic!

January 29, 2009 at 6:06 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

another fabulous color combo. you are on fire this week, kathryn!

January 29, 2009 at 6:26 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ooh, I love it! Such a great color combo, light and fresh. I'm glad I've been locked into my color scheme for awhile, otherwise I'd constantly be changing things up ;)

January 29, 2009 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Gorgeous! I am so drawn to this board!

January 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger DomestiGals said...

That J. Crew clutch is A to the Dorable. They do such great stuff.

Loving these spring colors, Kathryn!

xoxo, DomestiGal Jen

January 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

I love this color combo!! Great for spring or fall!

January 29, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs said...

Love this color combo...May have to use it soon!

Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs

January 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Milkfed Press Blog said...

oh my goodness, you're psychic!
I am designing a new suite based on this color combination. I love it!

January 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger People St.Clair said...

This has become one of my favorite color combinations. Thank you for the lovely board.

January 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Twig photo is definitely one of my all time favourites---and you've done it justice with this board! What a fresh and beautiful take on this color combo. It makes me long for spring!

My favourite thing about the photo---other than the gorgeous colors---is wondering why the dress is hanging in that stunning bathroom. Is there a lovely lady somewhere, just waiting for her bath to be drawn so she can get ready for a romantic evening on the town? That's when you know a photo is great: when it has the power to set your imagination running!

Thanks for the link love Kathryn :)

January 29, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Carolyn Clark said...

i love this board!!!
www.serendipityandspark.com

January 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh yes I am loving this color combo!

January 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh yay! This is the color combo that I am using for my wedding. Seeing it all put together on this board is so exciting!

January 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

OK..too crazy. I was thinking about this exact color combo last night! I was watching Mad Men and there was a room with the blue wall and mustard yellow balloon. All I kept thinking about was - what a great color combo! So quite happy to see this today. Love it.

January 29, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if anyone knows the designer of that yellow dress? Mustard is my favourite colour and I really think that could be my future wedding dress. The (beautiful) site the picture came from was unfortunately unhelpful.

January 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Maria @ {ritzy bee} said...

Love it!! :)

January 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger One Love Photo said...

Yes, I love yellow as much as you! This is wonderful!!!

January 29, 2009 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is so lovely. It reminds me of the French Countryside for some reason.

January 29, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger chelsea {oh, my deer!} said...

oooh! my ross, $14.99 shoes made the board! (i promise i'll stop bragging about them one of these days... ) beautiful, beautiful board, by the way! makes me want to sip a mimosa by poolside.

January 29, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that tulip bowl is to die for. Gorgeous board!

January 29, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

This is so pretty. It's got a simple yet whimsical feel to it.

January 29, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Smomo said...

I love this colour combination, I may well use it for a hen party/ bridal shower I'm doing for a friend

January 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

that photo is so gorgeous - i love love love that dress. and, on another note, if i were planning a wedding i think i would have a huge problem choosing which of your lovely inspiration boards to base my color scheme on. they're all so fantastic!

January 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

I love this! That bird photo is precious!

January 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

I love it! I'm using this yellow in my wedding in just a few months!

January 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue with yellow is by far my VERY favorite color combination ever! This is one lovely board.

January 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger flights of fancy said...

Absolutely beautiful!! So sweet and so perfect!

January 29, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

This board is so refreshing! I love it.

January 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Guider Carmen said...

Looking through your yellow inspiration boards has made me fall in love with it! A color I never thought I would like.

Thanks:)

January 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Hannah Vokes - Director of iced said...

Beautiful, may I use this board as a cake design inspiration and post it on by blog - I will link it back to you of course!

January 30, 2009 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger perfect bound said...

I saw a woman on the train last night dressed in this same color palette and thought, what a lovely combination. Your board is once again amazing!

January 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Cheryl at BlissWeddingsMarket.com said...

This is an awesome color combination! My jaw dropped when I saw this board. So inspiring!

January 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger grace @ the cinderella project said...

i love this board! so amazing. you have a great eye for detail!

February 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Canlas said...

thanks for the props with the shoes shot!!!

we heart you.

February 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Lovely color combination! I was wondering if anyone knows who makes the yellow shoes in the center. I've been looking for a pair just like them!

February 23, 2009 at 1:44 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

These are my two FAVORITE colors and I always wondered if it would be possible to have a sweet wedding that incorperated them both. You just showed me it's possible. Love it!!

June 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home