Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Board #423: So. Much. Color.

So. Much. Color. There's not much more to say than that. I'm guessing it either works for you or it doesn't, though I think it would be hard to pass up a fiesta in these colors, even if you can't imagine it for a wedding...

Mood: uncompromisingly bright and fun
Palette: super-saturated yellow, blue, green, orange

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: streamers photo by Our Labor of Love, "There Will Be Cake" photo by Meg Smith, bouquet photo by Anna Kuperberg, lollipop photo by Lisa Lefkowitz
Row 2: photo by Jose Villa, photo by Steep Street, swizzle sticks from Martha Stewart, kumquats and bird by Flush Designs
Row 3: seating card toys from Mary Mix Events, flowers via Lily-G, save-the-date, flowers by Ariella Chezar

Labels: , , , ,

29 Comments:

Blogger {The Perfect Palette} said...

i can definitely see it for a fiesta themed wedding! so bright & cheery!

August 26, 2009 at 6:41 AM  
Anonymous MagnoliaRouge said...

This SO makes me wanna have a party! Very funky!

August 26, 2009 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I LOOOOVE it!

August 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Fabulous combination!

August 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

Woohoo! Love it!

August 26, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger KarenB said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!

August 26, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Amy@OldSweetSong said...

I love all of this color! This is one of your best ones YET! I have to know who designed the save the date in the third row. I absolutey adore it.

August 26, 2009 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Guider Carmen said...

This definitely works for me! Just beautiful:) It makes me smile, thank you.

August 26, 2009 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger alli/hooray said...

Wow, this board is so fun and sweet! I love it!

August 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger shanon said...

Those streamers look so much fun!

August 26, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Amy - the link that I have for that save-the-date is dead... I'll keep an eye out for it though!

August 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Camille Panzarello said...

Definitely one of my favorites, and that's saying a lot when it comes to your boards. These are all my favorite colors--I want my house to look like this. Streamers? Yes, please.

August 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Kelly Oshiro said...

What a party!

August 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Imaginale Design said...

Yup, I'm loving the color! It just brings so many things alive with a zing of happy energy :) ~Una boda debe de ser una fiesta! -Alejandra

August 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Love! I love seeing colorful wedding inspiration. I'm a fan of bright happy colors (though not necessarily neon, for a wedding), so this one makes me smile.

August 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger little yellow apple said...

I love the save the date cards from this post. I wish I knew where they came from. :)

August 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

sooo... these are basically the exact colors i have planned for my wedding late next summer!! we are taking the very festive celebratory party feel and running with it! you've put all together so beautifully- thank you!!

August 26, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Casey said...

I was laying in bed at about 3 am not being able to sleep and thinking about changing to these exact colors for wedding. I'm taking this as a sign.

August 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Farmgirl Susan said...

I love it all! Especially the "There will be cake" invite. :)

August 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM  
Anonymous julianne smith said...

this might be my favorite! i want to be invited to this wedding! thanks for sharing!

August 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love!

August 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger GemmaHeals said...

LOVE.

August 27, 2009 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Anela Deisler said...

I love it too. I actually went with the, "I can't choose one color, so I'm picking all of them theme"

I found pics from the save the date people: http://jessamynharris.blogspot.com/2007/05/rich-and-typhs-wedding-at-uc-berkeley.html

August 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous angie + matt said...

This makes me SO HAPPY!

August 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger April said...

LOVE! More weddings with bold color! I"m bored to death of washed out palettes...

August 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Karen Wise said...

Such pretty colors!

August 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM  
Anonymous kelseyjade said...

the streamers pic is from my sisters wedding and may i say, it was absolutely beautiful! joy thigpen was her designer and it was magical and so merry! i love the colors in this board! it is so happy..

August 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

am love, love, loving the return of the wedding-themed boards! Great job as always. Thank you for adding a bit of beauty to my day:)

August 31, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my colour scheme, so I'm totally glad to see it make an appearance. And such a cute one at that.
LOVE!

August 31, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home