Sunday, June 15, 2008

Remembering Tim Russert


I wanted to take Father's Day not only to say Happy Father's Day to all of those special men out there, but also to honor and remember Tim Russert. I will miss his insight and bright spirit.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet photo and lovely tribute. I was just thinking of his wife and son this morning, this Father's Day. He was a gem.

June 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

that makes two of us. what an incredible man. he will be greatly missed.

June 15, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I was miss him as well. He was such a bright spot on television. I've been thinking about his wife and son as my family celebrates our Father's Day. So sad.

June 15, 2008 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger caroline duke said...

oh my god this just makes me want to cry. what a sweet, sweet (and obviously talented) man.

June 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh Kathryn, I didn't think there were many others in the world o' weddings that loved Tim Russert too!! Sunday mornings in our house were defined by Meet The Press and lively political debates. We'll miss him (we did this morning). Such a lovely tribute.

June 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger reader said...

Not to denigrate weddings, color palettes, gowns, happily ever after etc. but I was very pleased to see your tribute to Tim Russert on snippet & ink (which I really enjoy.) I live in WDC and happened to drive by the NBC studio yesterday afternoon. There were mounds of flowers outside the gate. Hopefully, his legacy of quality programming will be honored. I'm sick of being fed useless information. Wedding planning takes you into a vortex where the real world can recede if you let it. Let's all keep our eye on the Election--the outcome of which has far more to do with our future happiness as married people, employees, for some parents than oh let's say, table linens.

June 16, 2008 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Alexa Johnson said...

Kathryn--what a beautiful tribute to Tim Russert. I'm sure that if he could choose, despite all of his amazing professional success and talent, it would be his role as a father that he would most like us to remember as his greatest achievement. Blessings, peace, and healing to his family.

June 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger girl meets glamour said...

I was so said to here about Tim, how nice of you to post about it!

~Kate

June 18, 2008 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger prettygeeky.com said...

Very sad news indeed, he will be missed.

June 19, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home