Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Board #298: Emerald and Aquamarine

Though I love green and white weddings, and I make plenty of green and white inspiration boards, I'm not sure I've ever showcased emerald green. And I don't know why - it's such a rich color, with so much depth, and I especially love it here, paired with pale green-tinted aqua blue. Perfect for a whimsical garden wedding, with a touch of vintage details.

Mood: whimsical garden romance, with a vintage twist
Palette: emerald green, aquamarine

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: hairstyle from Brides, bouquet from Martha Stewart Weddings, tables and lanterns via {frolic!}, cake topper from Martha Stewart Weddings
Row 2: chrysanthemum and vase from Inky Pink, green candy buffet by Amy Atlas, green vintage dress from Antique Dress via So Sweet & So Cold, centerpiece photo by Elizabeth Messina
Row 3: VW getaway photo by Duston Todd, invitation via Brooklyn Bride, peony bouquet and cocktails both from Martha Stewart Weddings
Row 4: boutonnieres from Martha Stewart Weddings, Vera Wang ring via Coco + Kelley, Rosa Clara dress via Zoe Lingard, Llubav Choy Duerr ring pillow via Design Sponge

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I never thought to put these colors together, but I am absolutely enchanted!

October 14, 2008 at 6:09 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

love the big fluffy white flowers for this one--seems just right!

October 14, 2008 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Holly Hatam said...

beautiful colors!!

October 14, 2008 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I love this Kathryn...its so soft and dreamy!

October 14, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Zoë said...

This is stunning, love love love it!

October 14, 2008 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I love love love this one! It's so cool and lush - gorgeous! This would be an amazing summer wedding.

October 14, 2008 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Mrs. in May said...

Wow, I totally never ever would have thought of this but I love it! It has the feeling of seaglass without being over the top beachy.
Good stuff!

October 14, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Kristen Nichols said...

You never cease to amaze! this is one of the most gorgeous boards yet!

October 14, 2008 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger kristina said...

now again, here i am 1.5 weeks from the wedding and wanting to add new things because of a s&i board!

the internet is killing me.

I LOVE this board!

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh- loving this one. The two variations on the color green complement each other so beautifully.

And the hairstyle on the top left is exactly what I wanted my hair to look like on the big day but my mum deemed it 'too messy'. Seeing that photo makes me wish I'd overrode her! Can I get married again? :)

October 14, 2008 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love love love this color scheme. It's so unique and refreshing!

October 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Abbie said...

LOVE THIS BOARD! These are our colors. I'm so excited to see a new board for inspiration. I've kind of been lacking in inspiration lately. Thanks so much!

October 14, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Abbie said...

I forgot to ask... where did you find the pick of the vintage dress??

October 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

One of my favorites of yours- beautiful!!!

October 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love these colors! I did some save-the-dates recently with a similar color scheme! love it, ciao~

October 14, 2008 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I think these are going to be my colors....maybe with a light red incorporated...what do you guys think??

October 14, 2008 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger cassandra said...

wow... i LOVE this board! and you're right ~ we don't tend to pair those two together on their own (without some yellow or coral or something!). and you've got my ring in there!! :)

October 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger sh33va said...

These are our wedding colors; i just loooooooove the board!

October 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am by no means planning a wedding anytime soon, but as a girl dreams about her big day....this pallette is that dream. absolutely beautiful! i enjoy browsing your work, you have great talent!

October 14, 2008 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this shade of green- thank you for the board!

October 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger monologue said...

Kathryn- Wow! This is a beautiful color combination!

Martha B.

October 15, 2008 at 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for vindication! These are my wedding colors for my May wedding in Atlanta. So far every one I've told my colors to has made a little face and scrunched their nose up, since it's not a traditional color palette. Glad to see I'm NOT crazy for loving this color combo!

November 2, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home