Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Board #311: Winter Whimsyland

We've had flurries twice so far, and the temperature is way down, so I thought it might be time for a winter wedding board. I'm not quite ready to go all out with snowflakes and pinecones; instead I thought I'd ease into the season with fresh green in the form of wheatgrass centerpieces and a moss wreath, and bright white in the form of cable-knit details. Winter weddings lend themselves to being more formal than in other seasons, but I wanted to keep this one playful with things like pinwheels, cupcakes and and a gold polka-dotted dress.

Mood: playful, winter
Palette: grass green, white

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: front door from Martha Stewart, bouquet by David Stark, cupcake photo by Craig Paulson, cable-knit bride and groom from Brides
Row 2: miniature caramel apples from Martha Stewart Weddings, veil by Melissa Sweet, heart seating cards photo by Jeff Tisman via Brooklyn Bride, bouquet via The Bride's Guide
Row 3: wheatgrass and ornaments, knit ring pillow from juicyyumburger's flickr, paper pinwheels from Elsje Designs via Kim Gray, Lucienne dress from J.Crew
Row 4: cable-knit invitation by Linda & Harriett, wheatgrass centerpieces via Lovely Little Things, cookie buffet by Rebecca Thuss

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Lynn said...

Love this board! :)

November 11, 2008 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Just Joey said...

PERFECT!!!! Now I am happy and ready to start my day! jo

November 11, 2008 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Valley Flower Company said...

your david stark link brings you to a verrrrrrrry sexy fellow (hehe) who plays the drums. not the lovely and talented floral genius david stark.

just and FYI :)

oh and that polka-dot dress is perfect in every way.

November 11, 2008 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

Love the cupcakes and pinwheels! I love alternative winter wedding ideas - I'm really not into all-out snowflakes and such (too obvious).

November 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Awesome board - I wish we would get some flurries in Atlanta =0(

November 11, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Bridechka said...

Beautiful board! I really love the use of grass as decoration either instead of or used with flowers.

November 11, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thank you Valley Flower! It was a late night and I obviously should have been sleeping instead of blogging! :) Link fixed.

November 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Maria @ {ritzy bee} said...

Gorgeous :)

November 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

So beautiful. I love using the colors green and white. Also love those cupcakes - so fun!!

November 11, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Liz Libré said...

Hey thanks for posting our "knitted" invite!!

November 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I love this board. Our wedding colors are sky blue and grass green with white accents, this board fits in with it perfectly. So clean and beautiful.

November 11, 2008 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel Mallon said...

Love Love Love this board. Just breathtaking and very inspirational for my own wedding. Thank you!

dwellings and decor
http://twoliablog.com/dwellingsanddecor/

November 11, 2008 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Cheryl at BlissWeddingsMarket.com said...

love this inspiration board - so clean white with just a hint of green. beautiful job!

November 13, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger nole said...

Such a lovely board, as always! I particularly love the cable knit stationery from Linda & Harriet - one of my faves!

November 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Kim Gray said...

I love this board! So pretty and fresh. Love the dress too..

November 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home