Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Board #340: Urban Lavender

It must be the weather, but I find myself drawn to soft colors these days. Here, rustic, French country lavender comes to the big city. A chic short dress, an urban venue, paired with a simple hand-tied bouquet, jars of lavender, and antique French linens. I imagine an intimate family dinner followed by meeting up with friends for dancing.

Mood: French country meets city chic
Palette: sidewalk gray, lavender

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: dress via Nibs, lavender bouquet photo by Thayer Allyson Gowdy via Style Me Pretty, cakes from Martha Stewart Weddings, Brooklyn Bridge ceremony photo from Always A Bridesmaid
Row 2: invitation by Wiley Valentine via Oh So Beautiful Paper, boutonniere photo by Teresa Horgan
Row 3: place setting photo by Leigh Miller, jewelry box photo by Wendell T. Webber, lavender photo by Jose Villa, confetti photo by Meg Smith

Labels: , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Lynn said...

One of my favorites so far (next to the recently yellow board and the dove gray board)! I am actually planning on putting lavender in our invitations :)

January 27, 2009 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

kathryn:

loving your boards! so many great photos ....

January 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Em said...

I love the idea behind this board! It sounds like a lovely celebration.

Emily @ Peach & Pearl

January 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Michaela said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I'm in the midst of planning a spring wedding in the city, thank you for the urban inspiration!

January 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

So sophisticated! Beautiful!

January 27, 2009 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Ten Thousand Only said...

i want.

January 27, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Laura@trendinozze said...

I am in awe as usual

January 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger AshleyL. said...

I LOVE it! This might be my favorite set so far :)

January 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger nole said...

Oh, I love, love lavender. I even wore a lavender-scented perfume at my wedding! This is a lovely board!

January 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger wed in the white city said...

Ooo this might be my most favorite inspiration board I've seen yet!!

January 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

What a great inspiration board! I got married three months ago and am still loving looking at wedding websites! So lovely!

Thanks for sharing.

January 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm loving that dress!

January 27, 2009 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger DomestiGals said...

Gray gray gray! I love love love! Thank you, Kathryn, for incorporating half of my wedding palette!

xoxo, DomestiGal Jen

January 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never gets old seeing flowers, candles, and in this case lavendar in those mason jars.

That is by far one of my favourite & cost effective decor options.

Beautiful Board.

January 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger futuremrsj said...

So funny. I was researching lavender bouquets for me and my girls last night. I even like the lavender place settings as boutonnieres for the guys.

January 27, 2009 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm having a lavender wedding. it was originally going to be the colour, but more and more i like the idea of including the scent. I'm planning on a lavender bouquet, and maybe lavender bombonierres.

Anyway, i love this.

January 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Muffy said...

The board seems very wintery to me. Love the lavender!

January 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love that confeti photo

January 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So. Sophisticated. Must reconsider wedding colors...

January 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger www.engagingaffairs.com said...

For a lavender wedding, we got dried lavender in bulk and made smaller bags for the welcome boxes. It smelled fabulous!

Love this look!

Laura
BridalBubbly

January 30, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Wedding Library said...

Kathryn, I so wish you could have come to our Wedding Party. Amy Atlas created this amazing table -- perfect for this posting!! Hope you like it.
http://weddinglibrarybuzz.blogspot.com/2009/01/flavor-of-month.html

February 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home