Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Board #428: Autumn Gold and Icy Blue

Okay, I know I used those darling paper rosettes in yesterday's inspiration board, but when I started making this one, how could I leave it out? It was entirely too perfect for this look! Again, I tried to put a twist on a more traditional autumn wedding look, by pairing sweet pale blue with rich gold. This could easily translate to a winter wedding, too, or even spring or summer if done well.

Mood: whimsical harvest
Palette: icy powder blue, rich golden ochre, warm white

{click image to enlarge}

Top row from left: gold leaf hair wreath by Ban.do, gold-foil pear place card via 100 Layer Cake, blue trailer photo by Elizabeth Messina, Edgardo Bonilla dress on gold sofa from D Magazine
Row 2: escort cards in gold ribbon and branches from Martha Stewart Weddings, pale blue strapless dress by Samuelle Couture, gold banded wedding cake from Rebecca Thuss, gold pear still life by Matthew Mead Style
Row 3: tissue rosettes by A.Hana Design, lily bouquet with gold and blue ribbons by Ariella Chezar, gold and pale blue invitation suite from Martha Stewart Weddings

Labels: , , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Love, love, love it!

September 15, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger writtenbliss said...

Beautiful, delicate colors! Thanks for this great board!

September 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!

September 15, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Seriously, gorgeous: pinned by all the girls above, I love the delicacy + femininity of all of this!

September 15, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm doing all shades of blue -- from teal to icy -- and all shades of gold -- from deep metallic to almost pale yellow -- for my wedding this October, so I naturally love this board.

September 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

such an unusual color combo...but perfect!

September 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

gorgeous.

September 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

LOVE IT!!!

September 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger 2 by Design said...

Gorgeous color combination! That blue would be stunning in a wedding. You could take it in a very whimsical OR classic direction. Love it!

September 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger {The Perfect Palette} said...

such a pretty palette! we're loving this one!

September 15, 2009 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Regina Mako said...

super gorgeous, I love the light blue/minty green color, but I can't seem to find many bridesmaids dresses in that color.

September 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous rachel said...

This is a FABULOUS color combo. I might have to make some jewelry with these colors... perfect for winter!

September 15, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger justhappilyeverafter said...

I want a room in my house that uses this palette! Beautiful and so ethereal.

September 15, 2009 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the colors

September 15, 2009 at 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Yay! These are our wedding colours, I love it!

September 15, 2009 at 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Lollipop Events & Designs said...

Gorgeous colors!

September 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this palette. Love the rosettes in the last row. I need DIY intructions. So not DIY friendly.

September 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM  
Anonymous Sealicious said...

This couldn't have been any more perfect or more gorgeous!! It looks amazing!

September 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger blissweddings said...

absolutely beautiful pairing of colors, kathryn!

September 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Mariela Murphy said...

Breathtaking. Thank Rex&Regina blog for sending me to your site.

September 17, 2009 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

SO. Gorgeous. Anyone have any suggestions for how to make this color palette work for an august wedding?

November 6, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Kacey Haffner-Bruce said...

you have no idea what you have just done for me and my wedding with this pic!! it is stunningly beautiful!

November 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i was searching for the perfect inspiration board for me and this. is. it. :D thank you!

December 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home